Our five incredibly talented design interns have just completed their year-long rotation with four VF brands, providing them with invaluable experience as they aim to make their mark in the footwear industry. As part of our CARE commitments, these top five applicants were selected from 300 applicants through DiverCity x DESIGN, a program created in partnership with the PENSOLE Academy to advance black and brown talent in the footwear industry. They started their rotation at Timberland® in New Hampshire, moved to Vans® in Costa Mesa and recently finished at The North Face® and Altra® in Denver. We sat down with the group to hear how this learning has transformed them personally and professionally.
Dream job? Landed.
Since the end of the apprenticeship, we are proud to announce that several apprentices have obtained positions at Vans and Timberland and will continue their journey with the VF family. Here’s what’s next for the team:
- Ashley Narvaez, Associate Footwear Designer, Special Makeup, Vans
- Shawn Williams, Associate Footwear Designer, Lifestyle, Vans
- Gaganjit Singh, Associate Footwear Designer, Men, Timberland
- Jesus Mendez, Associate Footwear Designer, Women, Timberland
- Gabriel Pimentel is continuing his studies toward his Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Product Design at San Jose State University
Congratulations to our PENSOLE apprentices!